Family of Braintree man Edward McMartin pays tribute after his death
- Credit: Archant
Police have named a 55-year-old man who died shortly after an incident at his flat in Braintree last week as Edward McMartin, of Courtauld Road in the town.
Mr McMartin reported someone had forced entry to his flat shortly after 1am last Wednesday November 15. He was taken ill and died a short while later.
His family said: “We as a family are heartbroken at the unexpected death of Eddie, our gentle giant whose smile could light up a room.
“He was a much loved son, brother, brother-in-law, uncle, cousin and friend who will be sadly missed.
“We would like to thank the police in attendance, paramedics, investigation team and the family liaison officers for the care and attention shown towards Eddie and the family.”
You may also want to watch:
A man has been charged with violence to secure entry to a property and criminal damage after the incident and has also been arrested on suspicion of murder while investigations continue.
- 1 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 3 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 6 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 7 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 8 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 9 Military helicopter recovered after emergency landing in field