Braintree: Man jailed for manslaughter
A MAN has today been jailed for three-and-a-half years for manslaughter after the death of a 27-year-old.
Stephen Hansell, 29, of Longfields in Witham, was jailed after appearing at Chelmsford Crown Court today for his involvement in the death of 27-year-old Jamie Bunch.
Mr Bunch was found dead from an overdose of heroin at his home in Currants Farm Road, Braintree, on the morning of February 25 last year.
DI Martin Pasmore of the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate said: “The sentencing of Stephen Hansell today has hopefully brought about closure to Jamie’s family in what can only be described as a tragic loss to them and everyone else who knew him.
“Jamie was clearly a well liked, hard working man who leaves behind a young son and devastated family.
You may also want to watch:
“My thoughts are very much with them today and I hope that given time they can come to terms with their loss.”
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 3 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 4 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 New beginnings, old faces and a return home - what to look for on 'fixtures day'
- 7 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 8 A&E under pressure as patient levels return to pre-pandemic levels
- 9 Ipswich to face army of familiar faces as Town draw U's in EFL Trophy
- 10 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album