Braintree: Man who knifed love rival jailed
A 21-year-old has today been jailed for more than seven years for knifing a love rival.
Kye Johnson, 21, of Bendlowes Road, Great Bardfield knifed his 24-year-old victim in a pre-meditated attack in Knights Way, Braintree in the early hours of December 15, last year.
The victim sustained wounds to his chest and arm and was treated in hospital for a severed artery and bruising to his sternum.
Johnson was arrested and found guilty of GBH with intent, wounding with intent and aggravated burglary on June 18.
Today he was jailed for seven and a half years for the attack.
You may also want to watch:
Dc John Ixer from Braintree CID said: “Kye Johnson is a dangerous man, he attacked his victim in a pre-meditated assault and it is fortunate for the victim that the knife struck his sternum otherwise Johnson could have been facing a murder charge.
“Essex Police is pleased that the sentence reflects the very serious nature of this crime and that Johnson will be removed from the local community and given time in prison to reflect on his actions.”
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 4 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 5 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 6 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
- 7 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 8 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 9 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 10 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action