McDonald’s workers assaulted in brutal attack in Braintree
- Credit: Archant
Fast food restaurant bosses have condemned an attack on staff at a branch of McDonalds in Braintree.
Two workers were left battered and bruised after being set upon at the 24-hour restaurant off the A120 near the Freeport shopping village.
Police are searching for two men wanted in connection with the assault, which unfolded after staff asked a group to refrain from drinking alcohol on the premises.
McDonald’s credited the professionalism of staff, who the company insisted would be offered full support in the wake of the incident.
Police continue to investigate the circumstances of the attack and have appealed for help in locating those responsible.
You may also want to watch:
The two male employees, aged 20 and 23, were left with face and head injuries after the attack happened in the early hours of Saturday morning.
Essex Police have since released the images of two men they want like to speak to in connection with the incident, which, according to the force, began when a group of men entered the restaurant in Galleys Corner at about 2.40am.
- 1 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 2 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 3 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 4 Matchday Live: Bonne thumps Town ahead at Lincoln
- 5 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 6 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 7 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 8 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 9 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 10 Grieving Cook determined to fill Town fans with joy
Two of the group were reportedly involved in a disturbance after being asked not to drink alcohol on the premises.
One of the staff members, a 23-year-old man from Halstead, was punched to the ground, where his head was stamped on.
He was knocked unconscious, and suffered bruising and swelling to his face and head.
A second staff member, a 20-year-old man from Braintree, was punched in the face, causing cuts and bruising.
A McDonald’s spokesman said: “The safety and security of our people and customers is our absolute priority, and it is extremely disappointing to see this sort of behaviour in the restaurant.
“We will be offering our full support to our colleagues involved in this incident and would like to recognise their professionalism in the face of adversity.
“We do not tolerate any form of violence or abuse and will be cooperating fully with the police investigation.”
Anyone who recognises the men pictured, or has any information that could help the investigation, is asked to call DC Gemma White at Braintree CID on 101 quoting reference 42/61523/19, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or at crimestoppers-uk.org.