Braintree: Murder probe launched after woman’s body found
POLICE have launched a murder investigation after a woman’s body was found in a house in Keeble Way, Braintree.
Officers were called to the scene at 1.05pm on Sunday, where they found a woman with a serious neck injury. Paramedics attended but the woman, who is in her 40s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
A 29-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and is currently being questioned by detectives at Braintree police station.
Detective Chief Inspector Simon Parkes, from the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate, said: “We believe the incident may have happened in the early hours of Sunday morning but I would like to hear from anyone who may have been in the area from 8.30pm on the evening of Saturday April 23.
“No matter how small or insignificant that information may seem, please get in touch as it could be the vital piece of the jigsaw,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses should contact Essex Police 0300 333 4444 stating they wish to speak to someone regarding this incident. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers 0800 555 111.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 9 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 10 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70