Braintree: Pedestrian punches woman nine times in the face through car window as she waits at junction
- Credit: Archant
A woman was punched in the face nine times during an unprovoked attack in Braintree.
She had stopped her car to give way at a junction when a man walked up to the open driver’s window and hit her repeatedly.
It happened in Goldings Way near the junction with London Road around 4.30pm on May 20.
The woman, in her 40s, was checked over by paramedics. She had bumps and bruises and was badly shaken but did not require hospital treatment.
Police are now appealing for witnesses to come forward to try and identify the man.
You may also want to watch:
He is described as white, thought to be aged in his 30s, about 5ft 10in tall and of slim build. He had long brown hair and a beard and was wearing a dark-coloured polo shirt and combat trousers.
Investigating officer Pc Daniel Smith said: “This was an unprovoked assault by a man who walked across the road and punched the woman when she stopped at the junction. She was punched about nine times and at one point pulled by the hair.
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 4 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 5 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 8 Person taken to hospital after two-car crash
- 9 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 10 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
“This happened in a busy residential area and we hope that local people or other drivers might have seen this man in the area at the time.”
Anyone with information should contact Pc Smith at Braintree police station on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.