Braintree police arrest two men after high-speed pursuit in stolen Audi
- Credit: citizenside.com
Police arrested two men last night after a high-speed chase in Braintree.
Acting on intelligence from numberplate recognition cameras an unmarked police car intercepted an Audi A3 on the A120 near Galleys Corner.
The car failed to stop and was chased by police who called on the force helicopter for help. The chase ended when the men ran into nearby fields where they were arrested.
Ds Mark Cadd of Braintree CID said: “The Audi had been stolen in a burglary which occurred in Bailey Bridge Road in Braintree on July 14 and was using false plates.
“A similar car had been linked to thefts of catalytic converters on July 28 from vehicles parked at industrial units in Witham.
You may also want to watch:
Two men, aged 21 and 18 from Cressing, were taken for questioning by officers. They were arrested on suspicion of failing to stop, burglary, theft of a motor vehicle and theft from a vehicle.
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 6 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 'This club is going to be flying next season' - Dyer on 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury and Vincent-Young injury
- 10 WATCH as man calmly rips wooden gate off hinges before walking away