Boy robbed of phone and X-box by large group of hooded teens at Essex shopping centre
- Credit: Archant
A teenager was left “distressed” after a group of older boys threatened him and robbed his phone and games console at a north Essex shopping centre.
The 14-year-old victim was cycling through Freeport Shopping Village, Braintree, at around 6.55pm last night when he stopped to make a phone call.
Essex Police said he was approached by a group of 14 people who threatened him and took his mobile phone and X-box before walking off towards Charter Way.
The group are said to be all black males aged in their mid-to-late teens.
Their faces were reported to be covered with scarves and they were all wearing hooded tops.
You may also want to watch:
“The victim was not injured but left distressed,” a police spokesman added.
“This happened at a time when the area would have been very busy with shoppers, diners and people passing in cars.”
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 4 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 5 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 6 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 7 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast
- 8 £1m renovation on Suffolk castle will change the appearance
- 9 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 10 Familiar faces galore, 'Chequebook FC' and the start of something big? - Town head to Portsmouth
Anyone with information or who may have captured the incident on dash cam are asked toe call Braintree CID on 101 quoting crime reference number 42/12388/18.
People can also call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.