Braintree: Three men in hospital following assault in High Street
- Credit: Archant
Three men were taken to hospital with head and facial injuries following an assault in Braintree during the early hours of this morning.
One of them, a 26-year-old, suffered serious head injuries and is currently in a stable condition.
Police officers and paramedics were called to the High Street at 12.40am after receiving reports of a disturbance.
The High Street has been closed while police carry out forensic investigations at the scene.
It is believed that the disturbance started in Bar Sport in the High Street before spilling out into the road.
You may also want to watch:
A number of witnesses have already been spoken to but the area was busy at the time and detectives would also like to speak to anyone else who saw what happened, either in the bar or outside.
Witnesses are asked to call Braintree CID on 101 or ring Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111. Police are hopeful that the High Street gradually be reopened as the day progresses.
- 1 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 2 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 3 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 4 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 5 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 6 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 7 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 8 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 9 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 10 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'