Town centre flat fire shuts road causing congestion and bus service disruption
- Credit: Archant
An Essex flat fire has closed a town centre road causing congestion and slow moving traffic.
The AA Traffic website reported the fire at around 10.30am this morning in Fairfield Road, Braintree, between South Street and Victoria Street.
The blaze has been put out but firefighters were still on the scene at 1pm, closing the road and causing slow traffic in surrounding streets.
Bus services are also said to have been affected.
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service is yet to release details of the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Further traffic delays have been reported on the nearby A120 southbound, which was partially blocked due to an accident.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 3 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 4 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 7 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Numbers don't look good but there are turnarounds Town can take from
- 10 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds