Brandeston Hall pupils praised for ‘cohesive approach’ to representing school in quiz championships
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from Brandeston Hall took part in the Inter Prep School General Knowledge Quiz Championship last Tuesday.
A selection quiz was held to decide the team to represent the school, with James Aldous (captain), Heather Alabaster, India Prince and Etty Hayward - the winning children from Years 3, 4, 5 and 6 - going forward to battle for a place in the regional heats at Langley Prep School.
Several schools from across Norfolk and Suffolk attended the event.
The teams were provided with a hand-held buzzer which they used to select their answers after conferring as a team.
A school spokesperson said: “The Brandeston team worked well together. It was clear they had a cohesive approach to their responses.
You may also want to watch:
“Having answered questions on topics ranging from Claude Monet to Justin Beiber, they gave a very good account of both themselves and the school.
“The children thoroughly enjoyed themselves and are looking forward to the event next year.”
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 6 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 7 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 8 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 9 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 10 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go