Brandeston/Hoo: Six guns and a Land Rover are stolen in raids across east Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after three incidents in the Brandeston and Hoo area – including one where six guns were taken.
Officers would like to trace a man after an incident that happened at around 9.50pm on Sunday at a property in Church Lane, Hoo.
A man entered an outbuilding at the property and was disturbed by dogs at the premises – he then ran across the drive and was seen leaving in a red hatchback - possibly an old style Toyota.
The man is described as being around five foot 10 feet tall and was wearing black clothing.
Two further incidents took place in Friday Street, Brandeston.
The first happened between 7pm on Sunday and 7.30am the following morning. A storage unit was burgled and three shotguns and three rifles were taken. Tools including a large pair of bolt croppers were also stolen.
Officers are keen to trace a man who was seen driving a dark car in the area at the time which is described as being the size of an Astra.
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 4 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 5 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 6 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 7 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 8 Police arrest driver after single car crash
- 9 Let's get physical, 'spanner in the works' and selection headaches
- 10 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
A second premises – a business unit – was also entered between noon on Sunday and 6am the following morning. An office and workshop were searched and several power tools were stolen. A green Land Rover Discovery, registration Y838 LDY, was also taken and it is believed that this vehicle was used to transport the stolen items from both incidents.
If you have seen or been offered any of the stolen items, if you have seen the stolen Landrover Discovery or if you have any information about these incidents, please call Pc Daniel Morse at Suffolk Police on 101 quoting reference LE/14/597, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.