Arson appeal after bin fire near Suffolk bowling alley caused evacuation
- Credit: Archant
An arsonist caused an evacuation after setting fire to a bin, which melted onto the pavement, and caused a gas pipe to be damaged.
It happened just before midnight on Saturday, March 4, and involved a bin in London Road, Brandon, between Ladbrokes and Mr G’s Bowling Centre.
At around 9am the next morning, the bin was found to have melted onto the pavement and there was a smell of gas.
This was caused by a gas pipe being damaged in the fire and resulted in Ladbrokes and a nearby flat being evacuated until a National Grid engineer repaired the leak. A window was also damaged.
Suffolk police are appealing for anyone who was in the area between 11.45pm on Saturday 4 March and 12.15am the following morning.
You may also want to watch:
Officers would like to trace a man seen walking across Market Hill towards London Road just before midnight and also a scooter rider seen driving on London Road across the traffic lights and towards Thetford Road.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact the Forest Heath Neighbourhood Response Team at Mildenhall Police Station on 101 quoting reference 12147/18.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 6 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 7 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 8 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 9 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 10 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period