Brandon: Boy accosted outside graveyard
A NINE-year-old boy was accosted by a man as he walked past a graveyard.
Police are appealing for annybody with information about the incident, which happened in Church Road, Brandon, at about 9am on Monday to come forward.
The boy was walking by the graveyard when he passed a silver car at the side of the road.
A spokeswoman for the police said: “The man in the driver’s seat offered the boy a lift.
“The boy refused and the man reached out to him through the window. The boy ran off.”
You may also want to watch:
The man is described as white, in his 20s, of large build with green eyes, black bushy hair and a small goatie beard. He wore a grey top, ripped jeans and a diamond stud in one ear. He spoke with a deep, slurred voice.
The car is was silver with five doors and blacked out windows.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 5 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 8 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 9 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 10 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
The description of the vehicle issued by police is that is was “fairly new with alloy wheels” but also “very dirty and dusty with two ripped seats and had beer cans, papers and coins scattered inside”.
It was also said to be “smelly”.
Anybody with information about the incident is asked to contact Pc Emma Macduff at Mildenhall police on 01284 774100 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.