Brandon: crews tackle fire in forest
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews in Suffolk have been battling to control a forest fire.
A crew from Brandon was sent to the fire in the forest and arrived at the scene at 11.13am, they found a large area of undergrowth smouldering.
THe firefighters used beaters to tackle the fire. Due to a difficult access, the crew requested the assistance of Unimog which was sent from Bury St Edmunds.
As the fire was embedded deep into the ground crews used spades and shovels to dig around the fire and used the hose it.
Further assistance was requested from Norfolk at 1.10pm and a Norfolk appliance was in attendance at 1.26pm.
You may also want to watch:
The fire was under control by 1.49pm.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 6 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn