Trees scorched in dramatic woodland fire
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters in Brandon tackled a blaze in an area of woodland undergrowth which caught alight.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were called to the incident in Green Road at 2.50pm on Thursday, August 27.
One crew from Brandon was mobilised and discovered an area of undergrowth alight.
Firefighters used a hose and hand tools to tackle the fire, which they managed to extinguish quickly.
A picture of the aftermath of the fire shows blackened earth and smoke still coming from hotspots on the ground.
A tree also looks to have been scorched. However, the fire service extinguished the blaze before any significant damage was caused.
- 1 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 2 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 3 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 4 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 5 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 6 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 7 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 9 Suffolk mass vaccination centre wants to jab 10,000 amid Omicron concern
- 10 55 projects identified in major plans to transform transport