78-year-old man denies attempted murder
- Credit: ARCHANT
The trial of a 78-year-old man accused of attempted murder following a shooting last year will take place in April.
Before Ipswich Crown Court on Tuesday (January 7) for a plea and trial preparation hearing was Kier Huxtable, of Stanford Road, Weeting, on the Norfolk/Suffolk border.
He pleaded not guilty to attempting to murder David Wright on October 11 last year and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life on the same date.
Police were called just after 7.10pm on Friday, October 11 to reports of a shooting in Pond Lane, Brandon.
A man aged in his 40s had been shot in the upper arm, sustaining non-life-threatening injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Huxtable, whose trial is due to get underway on April 15, was remanded in custody.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 4 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 5 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 7 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 10 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk