Inquest hears man, 39, struggled with mental health after serious assault
- Credit: Su Anderson
An inquest has opened into the death of a 39-year-old man from Suffolk.
Daniel Greener, who lived in Brandon, was found hanged on July 18, principal coroner's officer Caroline Daines told a hearing in Ipswich on Friday.
Originally from Aylesbury in Buckinghamshire, Mr Greener had struggled with mental health problems after he was seriously assaulted.
He had struggled to deal with the attack and spoke about it every day, the inquest heard.
Mr Greener's death was confirmed by a Suffolk police officer.
You may also want to watch:
Senior Suffolk coroner Nigel Parsley opened and adjourned the 39-year-old's inquest and scheduled a full hearing for February 24, 2020.
- 1 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 4 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim
- 5 Family's tribute to 'always smiling' Jack after tragic death aged 27
- 6 Missing dad wanted in connection with assault which happened day before he disappeared
- 7 Plans to create 'Suffolk Silicon Fen' killed by market forces
- 8 Air ambulance called to medical emergency
- 9 A12 closed following serious collision
- 10 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab