House blaze in Brandon town centre
- Credit: Suffolk police
Traffic is at a standstill following a house fire in Brandon town centre.
Police have closed the A106 London Road after the fire broke out at 1.34pm on Friday.
Crews from Wickhambrook, Mildenhall, Bury St Edmunds, Newmarket, East Harling, King's Lynn, Methwold and Thetford stations were called to the scene.
Mildenhall police said on Twitter traffic was "at a standstill" in the town due to the road closure.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service confirmed a neighbour called firefighters after noticing smoke coming out of the building.
The occupants of the property were not at home at the time, the spokesman added.
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 3 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's Bolton loss
- 4 Teenage girl grabbed by man in seaside town
- 5 McKenna on Walton, Bonne and signing a new defender after Nsiala exit
- 6 Bolton Wanderers 2-0 Ipswich Town: Disjointed Blues beaten for first time under McKenna
- 7 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-0 Bolton loss
- 8 Motorist was three times the drink drive limit in Stowmarket
- 9 'Concentration is massive' - McKenna on Town's 2-0 Bolton loss
- 10 Warning after 'Nottingham Knockers' visit homes in Bury St Edmunds