Brandon: Unexploded shell found at property under renovation
- Credit: Archant
A bomb disposal team spent the night at a property in Brandon after an unexploded shell was found.
Police received a call at around 4.40pm yesterday that the shell had been found at an address on Ling Heath Road.
It was discovered in an outside store room next to a garage on the property that is currently being renovated.
The bomb disposal team was called in and took the device away to be safely destroyed.
The scene was declared safe at 7am this morning.
You may also want to watch:
It is unknown how old the device is or where it came from.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 4 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 5 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 9 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 10 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash