Brantham/Manningtree: Arrest after man injured at restaurant
A MAN has been arrested on suspicion of assault after an incident at a restaurant sparked a police manhunt.
Officers were called to the Fontana restaurant in Cattawade, near Brantham, just after 1.40pm yesterday to reports of a man brandishing a knife.
When they arrived police found are said to have found a man outside the restaurant with a head injury.
The suspect had apparently fled towards Manningtree.
The police helicopter and several police vehicles were sent the scene, and a search began.
The suspect was reported to have been found in an area between Cattawade Street and the river at just before 4.25pm.
He was taken to Martlesham police investigation centre where he was being held last night.
- 1 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 2 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 3 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 4 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 5 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 6 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 7 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-1 win against Crewe
- 8 From Celina to Mariner - the best goals ever scored at Portman Road
- 9 5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to plan their journeys around this week
- 10 North Stander: We are where we deserve to be... and the play-offs look a long way off
The injured man was treated in hospital, although a police spokesman said his injuries were not believed to be serious.