Brantham: Owner of Brantham Bull celebrates Katherine’s success – and her part in a winning bet
- Credit: James Bass
Katherine Rednall wasn’t the only person celebrating a big win yesterday.
Paul Chenery, owner of the Brantham Bull pub with wife Gemma, was also experiencing the sweet taste of success.
Mr Chenery has known Rednall since he was chef at the Ipswich and District Indoor Bowls Club.
So with a bit of inside knowledge and a tip from dad John Rednall, he decided a flutter on the teenager’s success was worth a try.
And at the end of the week Mr Chenery said he’d picked up several hundred pounds in winning bets.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve known her for several years and I know she’s got what it take,” Mr Chenery said.
“We were talking about it and her dad said he fancied her chances. I won about £500 over the curse of the week.”
- 1 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 4 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 5 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 6 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 7 RACE NIGHT LIVE! Witches take control at Lynn in opener
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 10 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
As well as buying “a large round of drinks” for her family, Mr Chenery also said he’d use the money to treat Rednall at her celebratory meal next week.
So next time the world champion turns up at the Brantham Bull she’ll be pleased to find by a bottle of champagne and her favourite dessert of profiteroles ready and waiting.