Brantham: Owner of Brantham Bull celebrates Katherine’s success – and her part in a winning bet
- Credit: James Bass
Katherine Rednall wasn’t the only person celebrating a big win yesterday.
Paul Chenery, owner of the Brantham Bull pub with wife Gemma, was also experiencing the sweet taste of success.
Mr Chenery has known Rednall since he was chef at the Ipswich and District Indoor Bowls Club.
So with a bit of inside knowledge and a tip from dad John Rednall, he decided a flutter on the teenager’s success was worth a try.
And at the end of the week Mr Chenery said he’d picked up several hundred pounds in winning bets.
“I’ve known her for several years and I know she’s got what it take,” Mr Chenery said.
“We were talking about it and her dad said he fancied her chances. I won about £500 over the curse of the week.”
- 1 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 2 Matchday Live: Needham Market v Ipswich Town team news and updates
- 3 Rogue trader in white van visits homes in west Suffolk
- 4 Suffolk second home owners could face Airbnb ban under crackdown
- 5 Road closed as emergency services attend two-vehicle crash
- 6 Lane on A14 reopens after severe delays on Orwell Bridge
- 7 Project to keep Suffolk pub 'protected for years' turned down
- 8 Needham Market 0 Ipswich Town 7: Chaplin nets hat-trick
- 9 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 10 Man found guilty of sex assaults on schoolgirl
As well as buying “a large round of drinks” for her family, Mr Chenery also said he’d use the money to treat Rednall at her celebratory meal next week.
So next time the world champion turns up at the Brantham Bull she’ll be pleased to find by a bottle of champagne and her favourite dessert of profiteroles ready and waiting.