Brave neighbours save dogs from blaze

THREE dogs were rescued from a house fire in a Suffolk village.

THREE dogs were rescued from a house fire in a Suffolk village.

Neighbours freed the dogs before firefighters arrived to tackle the blaze, which started in the kitchen of a mid terrace home in Sotherton, near Halesworth.

Crews from Halesworth and Wrentham were called at 10.55am to the house in Sotherton Corner.

Upon arrival they discovered the fire had started in the kitchen of the house and that the building had become heavily smoke logged.


You may also want to watch:


Two people were treated at the scene for smoke inhalation but did not require hospital treatment.

The blaze was under control by 11.52am.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus