Brawl caused £1,700 damage to Ipswich hotel
- Credit: Archant
Two men and two women involved in a brawl at an Ipswich hotel after having too much to drink have had their sentencing hearing adjourned.
Before Ipswich Crown Court today (Friday) were Martin Christopher McDonagh, 26, and Priscilla McDonagh, 27, both of Middle Ground, Wheatley, near Oxford, and Martin Joseph McDonagh, 34, and Rose McDonagh, 30, of Hill Top Avenue, Barnsley.
All four admitted affray on May 30 last year and Rose McDonagh also admitted criminal damage to light fittings at the Pentahotel in Ranelagh Road, Ipswich.
The four defendants were due to have been sentenced at Ipswich Crown Court today but Judge Rupert Overbury adjourned the hearing until May 11 to allow more information to be obtained on Rose McDonagh’s mental health.
He warned the defendants that all sentencing options including immediate custody would be open at the next hearing.
You may also want to watch:
“Please don’t go away from here thinking it’s going to be one sentence or another. I’m keeping an open mind,” said the judge.
The court heard that the bill for damages was about £1,700.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 3 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 4 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 5 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 6 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 7 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family
- 8 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 10 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich