Brawl involving large group in Ipswich town centre broken up by police
- Credit: ARCHANT
A brawl involving what eyewitnesses reported as 12 people has been broken up by police in the centre of Ipswich.
It began in the Old Cattle Market/Turret Lane area of the town at 1.15pm and officers removed their tasers to deal with the offenders although it’s unclear if they were used.
A number of arrests have been made said a spokeswoman for Suffolk police and officers are still at the scene dealing with the incident.
She said: “We are dealing with a large altercation involving a group of people in the Old Cattle. Market bus station. There have been a number of arrests so far and an ambulance has been called.”
An eyewitness reported seeing two men jump over a fence who were being chased by police officers.
“I heard screaming from near the Plough pub and then I could hear sirens. Two police officers came close to where I was at the scene and caught them.
“They had their tasers but I’m not sure if they used them.”
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 3 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 4 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 5 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 6 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 7 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 8 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 9 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143
- 10 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town