Breaking: Man injured after gas cylinder explosion at guiding event

A man has been taken to hospital after a gas cylinder exploded during a Girl Guide and Scouts event in Essex.

The incident happened during the Essex International Jamboree at a farm in Roxwell near Chelmsford – paramedics and the air ambulance were called to the scene just after 6pm

A spokesman for the East of England Air Ambulance said a man in his 40s was injured in the explosion and taken to Broomfield Hospital by land ambulance.

A spokesman for the event said: “We can confirm that this evening an adult Scout volunteer received a burn whilst cooking dinner at the Essex International Jamboree.

“The incident was over in seconds. The Essex Air Ambulance arrived but wasn’t required. The volunteer was taken to hospital by road and was not seriously injured.”


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter