Strictly star Brendan a hit with youngsters
- Credit: Archant
Students from the Stagecoach Theatre Arts stepped out with dance star Brendan Cole when he brought his new show to Ipswich.
The youngsters took part in the former Strictly Come Dancing favourite’s ‘Show Man’ at the Ipswich Regent Theatre.
The show features dance and musical numbers and rehearsals began five weeks ago after he sent the students a video message containing the staging and songs.
One student, Milena, aged 9, played Brendan’s daughter in ‘Cinderella’, while 30 more aged between eight and 14 performed songs from ‘The Greatest Showman’ and ‘LaLa Land’.
Stagecoach has schools in Ipswich and Woodbridge and is run by Sarah Corbett, who said: “He and his team were lovely with the children and praised them for their efforts and good singing.
You may also want to watch:
“Events like this are so important for them. As well as them having to focus their efforts on rehearsal and performance they see results for the hard work they put in.”
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 5 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 6 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 7 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 8 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health