Brentwood: People evacuated after running fuel fire incident
POLICE are evacuating people from their homes after a leaking generator in a storage container sparked a running fuel fire.
At about 2.40pm fire crews were called to Borrone Way, Weald Road in Brentwood.
Initially two appliances were sent to the scene, but on arrival, the incident commander requested the attendance of an additional appliance.
Essex County Fire and Rescue has said there have been no casualties reported but the number of people who have been evacuated is currently unknown.
Firefighters had used breathing apparatus and one hose reel and a foam branch to bring the incident under control.
But at 3.05pm firefighters reported that the storage container, measuring 8m x 3m, is well alight.
- 1 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 4 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 5 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 6 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 7 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 8 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 9 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 10 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking