Police scene lifted as firearms probe searches complete
- Credit: Archant
Police have completed searches of a Woodbridge property as part of an investigation into alleged firearms offences.
A police scene was in place in Bridgewood Road, Woodbridge, since a search warrant was executed by police at the end of last week.
On Wednesday, about 30 homes were evacuated and a 50-metre cordon put in place as the bomb squad carried out a controlled explosion on nearby Fen Meadow after unknown chemicals were found at the property.
Father and son, Crispen Richards, 58, and Philip Richards, 24, have been charged with possession of a disguised firearm – a walking stick – and possession of a shortened shotgun.
Registered gun dealer Crispen Richards and his son Philip, a “servant” on the licence, were arrested after a search on Friday and a licence visit to the same premises the previous day.
You may also want to watch:
Police confirmed searches were completed on Wednesday afternoon.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 4 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 6 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 7 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 10 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina