Get cooking! Summer barbecue appeal to mark charity's 40th birthday
- Credit: Ormiston Families
Planning a barbecue celebration after lockdown ends? You could combine it with raising money for a good cause.
East Anglian charity Ormiston Families is launching its 'A Brighter BBQ' campaign to mark its 40th anniversary year, supported by Suffolk-based Stokes Sauces and the East of England Co-op.
Families, friends, colleagues and neighbours in Suffolk and Essex are being asked to hold their own fundraiser during the 40 days from July 23 to August 31.
Gavin Lamb, from Ormiston Families, said: “Given the year we’ve all had, and the eagerness to celebrate the summer with friends and family more than ever before, we think a barbecue is the perfect way to gather people together and host something at home or in your community."
Ormiston has seen high demand for its services for young people and families during the pandemic.
Fundraisers are being asked to post barbecue photos on social media, using the campaign hashtag #ABrighterBBQ.
Anyone registering as a host on the Ormiston Families website will receive decorative bunting, sachets of Stokes Sauces and a £2 off voucher for any of the Co-op’s ‘Locally Sourced’ products.
They will also receive a fundraising pack which includes a recipe card, sweepstake and event posters.
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 3 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 4 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 5 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 6 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 7 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 8 Positives, negatives and plenty still to do - what we've learned from Town's pre-season
- 9 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery