Brightlingsea: Appeal after spate of vandalism in town
Police are appealing for information following a spate of vandalism in Brightlingsea.
Last weekend five residential walls and two cars were damaged during the late and early hours on both Saturday and Sunday February 8/9.
The damaged cars were parked on Stanley Avenue while the damaged walls were on Regent Road, Seaview Road, Upper Park Road and George Avenue.
Neighbourhood policing Sgt Simon Tattersall said: “We need the community to help us catch those responsible for causing this damage and ruining the atmosphere that everyone in this town has come to appreciate. A minority have not only spoilt it but also caused a number of residents distress and annoyance after their property was damaged.”
Officers have spent the week conducting house-to-house enquiries and examining CCTV footage in a bid to identify the criminals.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information in connection with this criminal damage spree is urged to contact officers from Brightlingsea’s Neighbourhood Policing Team on 101.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 7 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 8 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 9 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 10 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors