Brightlingsea: Couple overcome by fumes on boat

A couple were taken to hospital suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning following a fault on a petrol generator on board their yacht.

The couple, aged 61 and 62, were overcome by fumes shortly after 6.30pm off the coast at Brightlingsea. Rescuers directed their 10metre yacht to shore where they were met by an ambulance which took them to hospital.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus