Brightlingsea: Man rescued from flat fire
A man has been rescued from a blaze in his flat at Brightlingsea.
Firefighters from the town and Clacton were called to Doves Court, in Sydney Street, at 1.09am today.
When they arrived they found the 71-year-old inside the heavily smoked-logged building. He was conscious but suffering from the affects of smoke inhalation.
Crews administered oxygen therapy while waiting for the ambulance service to arrive. The man was later left in the care of paramedics.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel to put out the fire in the ground floor flat.
The incident was dealt with by 1.42.
Following the incident, crews warned of the dangers of cooking late at night while tired or under the influence of alcohol.
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 4 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 5 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 6 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 7 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 8 Police arrest driver after single car crash
- 9 Let's get physical, 'spanner in the works' and selection headaches
- 10 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man