Two dead after Porsche and VW Golf collide near Newmarket
- Credit: Tom Potter
Two people have been killed in a collision on a road near Newmarket.
The crash happened at about 10.40am on Sunday morning in Brinkley Road, near Six Mile Bottom.
Emergency services were called to the scene after a Porsche Boxster was involved in a collision with a Volkswagen Golf GTI.
Police officers attended with firefighters and ambulance crews.
A man and a woman in their 20s, who were travelling in the Porsche, died at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A man in his 40s, who was driving the Volkswagen, was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge, with minor injuries.
The road was closed and is not expected to reopen until Monday afternoon.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 7 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
Anyone who may have witnessed the collision, or believes they saw the vehicles in the build up to the crash, should call 101 and ask to speak a member of the road policing unit, quoting incident 160 of December 9.