Two dead after Porsche and VW Golf collide near Newmarket
- Credit: Tom Potter
Two people have been killed in a collision on a road near Newmarket.
The crash happened at about 10.40am on Sunday morning in Brinkley Road, near Six Mile Bottom.
Emergency services were called to the scene after a Porsche Boxster was involved in a collision with a Volkswagen Golf GTI.
Police officers attended with firefighters and ambulance crews.
A man and a woman in their 20s, who were travelling in the Porsche, died at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A man in his 40s, who was driving the Volkswagen, was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge, with minor injuries.
The road was closed and is not expected to reopen until Monday afternoon.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Controversial plans that would double village in size set for approval
- 3 Timeline: When can you expect to receive the Covid vaccine?
- 4 Electricity restored to almost 500 homes following power cut
- 5 Infection rates drop in Suffolk as UK records deadliest day of pandemic
- 6 Hadleigh rated as one of the worst areas for coronavirus deaths in England
- 7 Two more League One clubs make approaches for Ipswich Town defender Donacien
- 8 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 9 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
- 10 Church saved from collapse 'tragedy' after major cracks in walls appear
Anyone who may have witnessed the collision, or believes they saw the vehicles in the build up to the crash, should call 101 and ask to speak a member of the road policing unit, quoting incident 160 of December 9.