Suffolk schoolgirl performs on Britain’s Got Talent semi-final
- Credit: Tom Dymond
A Bury St Edmunds school girl has performed in the Britain’s Got Talent semi-final.
Souparnika Nair, 10, a pupil at Sebert Wood Community Primary School made it through the heats of the popular ITV show, impressing judges Simon Cowell, David Walliams, Alesha Dixon and Amanda Holden.
Souparnika, known as Sou, was the first act to perform on tonight’s show, performing Neverland by Zendaya on a sparkly set.
Her performance earned a standing ovation and universally positive praise from the judges.
Ashley Banjo, who was standing in for Simon Cowell, said: “You didn’t just raise the bar, you raised it massively.
You may also want to watch:
“That vocal was so precise for a ten-year-old. I am so so impressed.”
David Walliams said: “That was amazing. I love what you do it is so classic, timeless and beautiful. We were totally blown away by that. “It could not have gone better.”
- 1 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 6 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 9 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 10 Fiat 500 on its side after crash in Woodbridge
Alesha Dixon added: “I could tell you put so much into that.
“You did a fantastic job. I hope you feel very proud.”
At the end of the night the judges chose their top three acts; of which Souparnika was one.
Sadly, she was unable to win the judges vote, losing out to dancers Aaron and Jasmine.
Souparnika still has a chance to make it through to the final through the public vote which closes on Monday night.
The results of the vote will be revealed on the night of the live final in October.