Great Cornard family fun day for British Heart Foundation
- Credit: Archant
A family fun day in aid of the British Heart Foundation is to take place in Great Cornard, near Sudbury.
Football, arts and crafts, and food will be just some of the events on offer for visitors to Cornard Dynamos FC in Blackhouse Lane on Saturday May 18.
The event has been organised by the family of Paul Bates, from Great Cornard, who died from a heart condition in 2005 at the age of just 39.
Last year they raised more than £1,600 for the BHF with fundraising events and aim to beat that total this year. A pamper evening held in March raised £530.
This year’s fun day runs between 1.30pm-6pm, with one of the highlights being an 11-a-side football match.
You may also want to watch:
Other attractions include reflexology, bouncy castles and a toy den plus a prize raffle.
For more details email Gemma Bates.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 3 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 4 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 5 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 6 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 7 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 9 Pedestrian taken to hospital after collision with car
- 10 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears