Man found with machete on Essex train
- Credit: BRITISH TRANSPORT POLICE
A man has been arrested after police discovered a 15in machete on board an Essex train.
The weapon was found during a stop and search on the service between Colchester and Witham on Sunday night.
British Transport Police (BTP) took to social media to share details of the incident – including an image of the 15in (38.1cm) machete.
Officers said a Taser was drawn at the scene but not deployed.
A man from London has since been arrested on suspicion of two offences and is currently in custody.
You may also want to watch:
The force’s Essex team tweeted: “This is why #police use #stopandsearch
“This 15” machete was found on a man onboard a train tonight between @greateranglia #colchester & #witham in #Essex
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
“Our officers boarded the train, detained the man for a search and found this.
“Taser was drawn but not depoyed
They later added: “Needless to say the man was arrested on suspicion of 2 offences and is currently in custody. He’ll be dealt with later this morning by our officers”.