Broken down train disrupts services to Ipswich, Colchester, Clacton and more
- Credit: Archant
A broken down train on the main rail line through East Anglia has led to services being cancelled, delayed or revised, with Ipswich, Colchester and Clacton on Sea among those affected.
The fault was reported earlier on a train between Seven Kings and Goodmayes
Greater Anglia has since confirmed the line has reopened, however the operator said trains between London Liverpool Street and Shenfield, Colchester, Clacton, Ipswich and Norwich could face disruption.
A spokesman said: “The failed train is now clear of the running lines and trains from London are now able to run on all lines, however due to train and train crew displacements some services are subject to short notice alterations, delays and cancellations.”
“Greater Anglia and Network Rail are sorry if your journey has been affected by this disruption.”
More details can be found on Greater Anglia’s journey checker.
You may also want to watch:
Passengers whose journey is delayed by 30 minutes or more may be entitled to compensation.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 3 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 6 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 7 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 8 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post