Bromeswell: Blaze takes hold of bus and van
A PERSON on a bus in Suffolk suffered burns to their hands after a blaze engulfed the vehicle.
Firefighters were called shortly before midnight to the B1084 between Bromeswell and Butley to reports of a bus fire.
A crew from Orford and another from Woodbridge fire station discovered a bus and van well alight.
Firefighters tackled the flames, using foam to help quell the blaze.
A spokesman for the brigade said the occupant of the bus suffered burns to their hands and were given first aid trreatment at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
He said one of the fire engines was used to ferry water to help in the fire fight.
The incident was under control by 1.25am.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 4 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 5 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 9 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 10 Sweltering Suffolk could see hottest day this year ahead of thunderstorms