Man accused of running brothels in Ipswich and Colchester
- Credit: Archant
The trial of a man accused of being involved in the running brothels in Ipswich and Colchester will take place in January.
Before Ipswich Crown Court for a plea and trial preparation hearing via a prison video link on Tuesday (August 20) was Nieu Cindea, 39, of Whiteway Road, St George, Bristol.
He pleaded not guilty to conspiracy to manage or assist in the management of a brothel with others between October 2012 and April 2014.
He also pleaded not guilty to conspiracy to launder money between October 2012 and July 2014 by conspiring with others to conceal, convert, transfer or remove cash from England and Wales knowing or suspecting it represented the benefit of criminal conduct.
His trial, which is expected to last four days, will take place on January 6.
You may also want to watch:
Cindea was remanded in custody.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 3 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 4 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 5 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 6 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing
- 7 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 8 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 9 Suffolk braced for Indian summer before forecast showers next week
- 10 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight