Nobody as sharp as Trevor when it comes to petrol machinery repairs
- Credit: BTS Group
If it’s agriculture machinery repairs in Needham Market you’re after, bts Service’s Trevor Swayne is the man to see.
Trevor Swayne is the man on the tools. Known throughout East Anglia, he’s held in high esteem by professionals and amateur gardeners alike.
Now 30-years-old, bts Group is the best at what it does - suppling tree surgery and utility arboriculture across most of the UK. The company’s core operation is the cutting and maintenance of trees that grow near electricity lines.
It’s a dangerous and difficult job that’s made much safer and more efficient by buying the right equipment and keeping it in top form for whenever it’s needed. That’s were Trevor and bts Service comes in.
Formerly known as The Arb Shop, they maintain and repair electrical and petrol driven garden machinery including chainsaws, strimmers, hedge trimmers and brush cutters.
Customers travel from all over East Anglia to visit Trevor and have him service or repair their machines.
Born in Louth, Lincolnshire, where his father was a radio and communications engineer in the RAF, he was posted to RAF Wattisham in 1968-1969 before doing a stint overseas. The family relocated to RAF Coltishall in 1971 and when his dad left the RAF in 1974 they returned to Suffolk and settled in Hadleigh. Trevor has lived in the town ever since.
- 1 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 2 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 3 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 4 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 5 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 6 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 7 'The bigger picture is the result' - Cook on Crewe win
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Crewe win
- 9 Ipswich Town 2-1 Crewe Alexandra: Celina brilliance just about enough to see Blues home
- 10 Obituary: Owner of huge collection of vintage tractors dies aged 75
As a young man he was introduced to petrol driven machinery while working in a tool and plant hire firm. Disc cutters were Trevor’s learning ground and he learned to quickly dis-assemble and rebuild engines and make new parts if needed.
He progressed to learn about all plant and portable equipment. Chainsaw expertise was added to his skill list when, in 1987, he joined a firm in Needham Market’s Station Yard. Five years later he started at bts Group and is the company’s go-to source of knowledge on all equipment used in its professional operations.
There isn’t a chainsaw he isn’t an expert on and his knowledge makes him the region’s leading repair engineer for all powered equipment in forestry, tree surgery, landscape gardening, maintenance and home gardening.
Although faults are sometimes obvious, Trevor’s clients value the experience and instinct he has for diagnosis and his pride in repairing things others wouldn’t attempt.
He can often work on a while you wait basis. If the customer needs to order new equipment, Trevor can advise on the best choice of that too and can use bts Group’s purchasing power to secure the best price.
While bts Service doesn’t carry new equipment in stock, many items can be bought through its networks and be available on a next day basis.
bts has several hundred chainsaws in use each day, including those designed for general and specialised purposes.
Services Trevor and bts Service provide:
- All makes of chainsaws
- Engines – service, fault diagnosis and repair, rebuild and replacement
- Bar supply and fitting
- Chain sharpening repair and replacement
- AV joint replacement
- Hedge trimmers - servicing, all common faults diagnosed and repaired
- Brush cutters – engine service and repair, general servicing and maintenance
- Strimmers – service, repair, maintenance
- Mowers – general servicing and maintenance, rotary mower blade sharpening
- Equipment purchase and supply - need something new? Trevor can advise and secure the best price
You can find bts Service at The Lion Barn, Unit 16, Lion Barn Industrial Estate, Maitland Road, Needham Market, IP6 8NZ. You can also call
01449 721983. It’s open Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm; but closed 2pm-3pm each day.