Bubble Rush and Pier to Pier Walk in aid of St Helena Hospice returning for 2017
St Helena Hospice has launched two of its most popular events which are returning in 2017 for another year.
The Pier to Pier Walk, which sees people take on the seven-mile route from Clacton Pier to Walton Pier – and potentially back again – takes place on April 2.
Free to enter, the event is in its seventh year and saw more than 1,000 people take part last year. Participants are asked to raise a minimum of £30 in sponsorship.
The Bubble Rush is also returning for a third year, taking place in High Woods Country Park on June 17.
A sponsored fun run, the event has an added twist with four Bubble Stations along the route pumping out coloured foam.
Wendy Marcon, events and challenges manager at the hospice, said: “We are so excited to launch our annual Pier to Pier Walk for 2017. This is an amazing event which last year raised a phenomenal £76,000 for the hospice. It’s a fantastic day out at the seaside with a great atmosphere, and anyone of any age and ability can take part.
So bring all your family and friends and join hundreds of other people all enjoying the spring sunshine along the seaside promenade, while raising funds for their local hospice.”
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 5 Ex-Celtic boss Lennon linked with Town job
- 6 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 7 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 8 Body of man found in Saxmundham
- 9 Three suspected cases of Omicron at Bury St Edmunds schools
- 10 'I apologise for the misunderstanding' - Nsiala issues statement
“For this year’s Bubble Rush event, once again we’re looking forward to bubbly family fun for all. More than 1,400 people joined us last year, and word has spread about what a fan-bubbly-tastic day out it is, so we’re anticipating many more will sign up this year.
“Apart from more bubbles than ever before, there’ll be lots more family activities this year to give everyone a real family fun day out in High Woods Country Park.”
Online registration for the Pier to Pier Walk closes on March 31 at 12noon, though you can register on the day for a small fee. Sign up at sthelenahospice.org.uk/piertopier17.
For the Bubble Run, a reduced entry fee is available for those who sign up before February 28, with £15 adults, £7 children and £36 for families. Registration closes on June 16 at 2pm, and registration is also available on the day at an increased cost.
for both events you can also call 01206 931468 to register.