Bucklesham couple celebrate 60 years of love and loyalty with diamond wedding anniversary
A Bucklesham couple active in the community are celebrating their diamond wedding anniversary today.
Ann and Bob Ramsey met in Woodbridge at a Saturday night dance, and while Ann “didn’t really notice him at first”, the couple soon got together, marrying at Grundisburgh Church on January 18 1958.
The couple, who have three children, four grandchildren and five great-grandchildren, have a special celebration booked at the Orwell Hotel in Felixstowe alongside 77 family and friends, with an aptly organised dinner dance to mark the occasion.
Ann, 79, who worked as an invoice clerk and cashier, while husband Bob, 82, has always worked on farms, said: “It just doesn’t seem possible that 60 years could have gone by so quickly.
“I have been quite ill the last two years and we were trying to think what makes a long marriage reasonably happy, and I think it is loyalty.
“He has been amazing all the way through.”
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 4 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 5 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 6 Driver arrested for being four times over legal limit
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 'We're probably not as good as we think we are' - Cook on FA Cup draw with Barrow
- 9 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 10 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking