‘Make hay while the sun shines’ - villagers prepare for winter during summer heatwave
- Credit: Archant
“They say make hay while the sun shines - and that is exactly what we’ve done.”
That was villagers’ reaction as they got themselves ready for the winter cold snap - during a blistering heatwave.
While few people are thinking about the cold season while temperatures soar, organisers of Bucklesham Village Hall held a ukulele night with an eye on helping to cover winter fuel costs.
“Last winter heating oil cost over £1,000,” said Bucklesham Village Hall chairman Evelyn Bloomfield.
“The committee are keen to keep costs to hall users as low as possible and not pass on huge hikes.”
You may also want to watch:
Brightwell Ukulele Band performed and were described as an “absolute sensation”.
“It’s been a great team effort,” said Ms Bloomfield after the event helped to raise £740.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 3 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 4 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 5 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 6 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 7 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 9 Pedestrian taken to hospital after collision with car
- 10 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-3 draw at Colchester
“We are the hub of the village and widely used by all the community.
“It feels like madness to be talking about winter fuel bills during this heatwave, but we want to be prepared.”