Huge fire tears through farmhouse
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
More than a dozen fire crews were called to a blaze at a farm just north of Stowmarket.
The fire service was called shortly after 9pm this evening with reports of a house fire in Gislingham Road, Finningham.
A total of 15 crews from across the region, including two from Norfolk, were called to the scene. There were 13 still in attendance as of 11pm.
The blaze is thought to have gone through the roof and spread throughout the house, which was well-alight.
The property is described as 8m by 20m, and made of wood.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for the fire service said there is no indication anybody was hurt in the blaze.
Police were made aware of the incident but did not attend. The cause of the fire is not yet known.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 4 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 5 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 8 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 9 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 10 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
The blaze also caused disruption on local roads, with motorists advised to avoid the area.
A stop was called on the incident just after 11pm this evening.