Bumper crowds for Brightlingsea classic show
- Credit: Su Anderson
A record-breaking crowd attended this year’s Brightlingsea Classic Car Show despite the afternoon wash out.
Wet weather failed to deter more than 7,000 people and 430 cars at the sixth annual event.
A whole range of cars were on display ranging from American classics, Minis, MGs and an old American fire engine.
Ian Wilkinson, who co-organises the event with John Fisher, said: “It went very well and was the biggest attendance we have ever had.
“We had a good mixture of cars and there was a lot of interest from people who came along.
You may also want to watch:
“We also had visitors from as far afield as Kent and Enfield to the show.
“We’d like to thank everyone who took part and look forward to next year’s show on September 4 2016.”
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
All money raised from the event goes to 4th Brightlingsea Scout Group, which next year is celebrating its 70th anniversary.