Bumper night ahead for Louis
IPSWICH Witches stalwart Chris Louis has arranged his Farewell Meeting for Saturday March 27.It will be one of the biggest dates in the Foxhall Stadium speedway calendar this year with details of the meeting to be announced shortly.
IPSWICH Witches stalwart Chris Louis has arranged his Farewell Meeting for Saturday March 27.
It will be one of the biggest dates in the Foxhall Stadium speedway calendar this year with details of the meeting to be announced shortly.
It has the makings of being a memorable night with most of the world's top riders available prior to the start of the foreign league programme and the Grand Prix series.
Louis, who has been a one-club man since joining his home town club in 1989, deserves a bumper attendance and the former world number three turned club official and TV pundit will be working hard to achieve this.
You may also want to watch:
The Witches have arranged their opening meetings of the 2010 season with traditional home and away meetings against Lakeside Hammers.
The Suffolk side will again be wasting no time getting into action with their Essex rivals visiting Foxhall on Thursday March 18 - with the return fixture the following night.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 8 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 9 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 10 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence
Last season's skipper Daniel King will be getting some shale experience before that as he has been included in the field for the Ben Fund Bonanza that is planned to take place at Rye House on Sunday March 14.
The Witches have already raised over �1,200 in their quest to sponsor part of the re-shaping of the Foxhall circuit before the start of the season.
Ipswich has set out to raise �5,000 through a sponsorship scheme to purchase shale for the widened new track with 200 available for purchase at �25 each.