Bungalow fire kills one

A GAS explosion may have been the cause of a fire which tore through a bungalow, killing one person.

The blaze broke out shortly after 3am this morning at an end terrace bungalow in Arnham Grove, Braintree.

Two fire crews from the town were joined by colleagues from Coggeshall at the scene.

They wore breathing gear to help put the fire out by 4.30am, when it was confirmed that one person had died.

Divisional officer Julian Ashley said: “Neighbours woke and reported hearing an explosion and made the 999 call. The structural damage to the bungalow suggests that there may have been a gas explosion.


You may also want to watch:


“An investigation by Essex County Fire and Rescue Service and the police will be carried out this morning to establish this.”

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus