Bungalow fire kills one
A GAS explosion may have been the cause of a fire which tore through a bungalow, killing one person.
The blaze broke out shortly after 3am this morning at an end terrace bungalow in Arnham Grove, Braintree.
Two fire crews from the town were joined by colleagues from Coggeshall at the scene.
They wore breathing gear to help put the fire out by 4.30am, when it was confirmed that one person had died.
Divisional officer Julian Ashley said: “Neighbours woke and reported hearing an explosion and made the 999 call. The structural damage to the bungalow suggests that there may have been a gas explosion.
You may also want to watch:
“An investigation by Essex County Fire and Rescue Service and the police will be carried out this morning to establish this.”
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 4 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 5 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 6 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 7 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 8 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 9 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 10 Town set to learn Carabao Cup and Papa John's Trophy opponents