Bungay: Cupboard fire fills ground floor with smoke

Fire broke out at a home in Bungay during the early hours of this morning, filling the ground floor with smoke.

Firefighters from Bungay and Beccles were called to a semi detached property in Beccles Road, where a small blaze had started in a meter cupboard, at around 2.15am.

They arrived to find the ground floor heavily smoke logged and wore breathing gear to help gain access to the cupboard.

Using dry powder extinguishers, they had the flames under control just after 3am.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus