Bungay: Witnesses sought after woman assaulted
Police are appealing for witnesses following an assault in Bungay in the early hours of this morning.
A woman in her 30s was walking along Upper Olland Street at approximately 12.50am when a man grabbed her from behind, pulled her into an alleyway and assaulted her.
The man then let go of her and she was able to run back towards Upper Olland Street where she was assisted by members of the public.
The suspect is described as a white man, of stocky build with a bald or shaven head.
Detective Sergeant Simon Bridgeland of Lowestoft CID said: “We are particularly keen to speak to anyone who may have been in the area of Upper Olland Street during the time of this incident and who may have any information that could help us trace this offender.
You may also want to watch:
“This type of assault is rare and we are doing all we can to locate the person responsible as quickly as possible.
“Thankfully the victim did not receive any serious injuries but is understandably extremely upset and shaken by the incident.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 6 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 10 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
“We would urge anyone with any information to call us as soon as possible.”
Anyone with any information in relation to this incident is asked to call Detective Simon Bridgland at Lowestoft CID on 01473 613500.